North Tyneside Learning Trust has become one of 34 regional Maths Hubs funded by an £11 million investment from the DfE.
The Great North Maths Hub is part of a new initiative designed to build on the excellent practice and achievement that already exists widely across the school and college system. The hub, which is funded by the Department for Education will provide strategic local leadership ensuring all schools receive tailored maths education support suited to specific need. Working in partnership with schools, colleges, universities and maths experts, the Great North Maths Hub will harness teaching expertise and best practice within the area, for the benefit of all pupils and students in Tyne and Wear and Northumberland.
The Great North Maths Hub will:
- identify needs and agree priorities for support in our area
- co-ordinate a range of high quality specialist mathematics support which may include commissioning external organisations to provide bespoke support and enabling new forms of collaboration
- critically evaluate the quality and impact of the support provided, including utilisation of participant feedback, as well as more details evaluative research used to test innovations
As part of a network of 34 hubs, coordinated by the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM), we are presently involved in several national projects, the first of which is the England-China Maths Innovation Research Project.
At a local level we have identified the following areas as being our focus for the first year:-
- identify and draw together existing mathematics networks, resources and expertise
- coordinate a range of high quality specialist mathematics support to address needs
- communicate existing support and extend its reach
- develop subject knowledge at all levels particularly primary school and post-16
- develop collaborative planning groups to address curriculum or qualification change
- enable communication between educational establishments
to download our latest brochure featuring information about several of our projects and including details of opportunities to become involved.
To find out the latest events on offer please visit the Events section of this website. Alternatively please visit our profile page on Eventbrite
, listing all our free networking and CPD events.
Join us on Twitter @gnmh_mathshub or on Facebook to follow all of our activity. You can also find out further information about the Great North Maths Hub by visiting our website.
Download the App
The Great North Maths Hub app is FREE to download and is suitable for most platforms. You can download the app by searching for 'Great North Maths Hub' in your provider store. The app is regularly updated and will give users exclusive access to events and training courses being arranged by the hub.
To contact the Great North Maths Hub please email Laura Greener, Project Coordinator at email@example.com